A personal statement is a descriptive write-up highlighting your personal achievements as well as who you are, which will then be shared with the admissions board that you will be applying to. As you know, a personal statement requires a lot of care as well as input to ensure that it impresses the admissions panel and ultimately increases your chances of admission to the Institute of your choice. That being said, here are a few facts to keep in mind when writing your personal statement IMG application.
The Don’ts of Personal Statement IMG Writing
Have you always been curious why your personal statement internal medicine IMG applications have been failing in the past? Perhaps you have been doing the following errors to your personal statements without even knowing:
- Don’t plagiarize – Plagiarism is one of the biggest offenses in the world of academic writing; this also applies to writing your IMG personal statement for the admissions board. Ensure that you do not plagiarize any content (especially borrowing the language of your personal statement from another example that you may have come across online). Even though these samples are published online, copying them word for word is one of the worst ideas that you can come up with. In fact, plagiarism may result in a serious investigation by the Association of American Medical Colleges (AAMC) resulting in your ineligibility to be part of any matching program.
- Don’t blubber a lot about your accomplishments – There is a reason why the application process must include a CV. So that you can list your accomplishments there! A common mistake that hundreds, if not thousands of IMGs make is to talk about the ‘cool’ things they have done over their course in medical school to the admissions panel in their personal statement. The word ‘personal’ should let you know that it is a section geared to helping you explain who you are as a person, and why you are the best student to be awarded an IMG residency.
- Don’t mention your religion or your political affiliations – Even without knowing, people are naturally biased. That includes the person reading your medical residency personal statement for IMG! So you may state that you belong to the left-wing while the recipient of your application is a right-wing supporter! Do you think that he or she will take the time to look at your application twice? Not at all! As a rule of thumb, always ensure to keep your personal matters such as your religion under lock and key to avoid any unwarranted penalization!
- Don’t discuss salary or payment – As much as you would like to be handsomely paid during your residency, bringing up your salary is not a smart idea. One thing you should know is that when applying for residency in the U.S. a salary for residency will already have been predetermined by the institution that you will match with!
- Don’t rush the writing process! – One of the biggest mistakes that students make is rushing through writing their personal statement for IMG as if they were writing a storybook or something. Make sure to first organize your thoughts and then communicate exactly what you want to say.
The Do’s of Personal Statement IMG Writing
Here are some of the tips you should follow while writing your personal statement for your IMG application:
Features We Offer with Our IMG Personal Statement Writing Service
Here are some of the essential features we offer for your IMG letter of recommendation writing service that meet all the recommended criteria that we have mentioned above:
- Writing – If you need quality writing services to ensure your personal statement meets high academic and admission standards, then you can have access to our excellent pool of writers. They will assist you to expertly describe who you are and what you will bring with your residency application.
- Editing – Editing is the art of optimizing content to meet the objectives that it is geared towards. And that is exactly what we do. Our team of editors has profound knowledge in ensuring that your personal statement is accurate, and appeals to the application board.
- Proofreading – 99% of our team are native English speakers from the United States, the United Kingdom, and Australia. Hence, you can rest assured that your eras application will be delivered in impeccable English and free from any grammatical errors.
- Formatting – One of our core principles is to always meet the specified application guidelines of the particular institution that you plan to receive admission from. So when it comes to our formatting team, you can sit back and relax and watch every detailed specification met!
Hence, if you are looking for an essential service that guarantees quality assistance with each and every personal statement, then you have come to the right place! You can also get access to a great IMG personal statement sample to assist you with your writing. Lastly, we also provide assistance with matters pertaining to the LoR portal during application.